Junior Operator Certification
Pesticide Exam Information
The Pesticide Management Program will be scheduling online exams only for Junior Operator certification beginning this week.
Click here for the training manual.
The procedure for taking an online exam is as follows:
- You must submit an application (click here for the application) and $200.00 exam fee through the mail.
- You will receive a confirmation email with your application number from the Central Permitting Processing Unit (CPPU). Please allow two weeks for CPPU to process the application. The confirmation will be sent to the email address that you have provided on your application form. Be sure to write legibly to minimize errors in data entry and subsequent delays in processing your application.
- After you have been issued an application number, the Pesticide Management Program will contact you by email offering you a date and time to take the Junior Operator exam
- You must respond to that email by the deadline given, stating that you can or cannot take the exam at the time given.
- If you accept the invitation to take the exam on the date and time offered, you will be emailed an Invitation to a Zoom meeting for that date and time. The exam will be proctored through the Zoom meeting. You will be required to present proof of identification. The applicant will
- The online exam is similar to the exam in traditional format. There are 55 multiple-choice questions. A score of at least 80% is required to pass the exam. The exam must be completed in one hour. The Junior Operator study manual is attached.
- Exam results and Junior Operator certificates will sent by email to those with passing scores. Those who are notified that they have failed the exam must wait at least a thirty days before they can take the exam again. If a person wishes to retake the exam, they must submit a new application and fee.
Online exam Requirements:
- Submitted application and fee
- Application number from CPPU
- A computer with a webcam and internet access
- Photo Identification
- Previous operator certification number (if applicable)
Multiple exam dates and times will be established each week until the current backlog of exam applications is cleared. The Junior Operator exam will be scheduled once each week following the protocols described above once we have cleared the backlog of exam applications.
Please be aware that it is taking longer for applications to be processed due to telework limitations. Please be sure to allow at least two weeks for applications to be entered by CPPU for processing.
The online examination format is available ONLY for the Junior Operator exam. Supervisor exams are not being offered at this time.
Questions for CT Pesticide Contact Information and Licensing
General Contact Information
- Mailing Address: Connecticut Department of Energy and Environmental Protection. 79 Elm Street.
- General Information: 860-424-3000.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please include your name, postal mail address and telephone number in any e-mail inquiries.)
2nd Annual Golf Outing
August 16, 2023
2023 CTPCA Fall Seminar
September 19, 2023
Registration coming soon!
Read CTPCA's Bug Biz newsletter here.
Looking to advertise in the monthly newsletter?
Follow us on YouTube and Facebook!